Alborada & Chile 40 Years On present
The Spirit of '70: Celebrating the Life & Legacy of Salvador Allende
On Wednesday 26 June 2013, Chile's former president Salvador Allende would have turned 105 years old. Continue to take it as oon as you remember. ectile dysfunction is most humiliating condition for a man as far as sexual life is lowest price levitra concerned. This helps you have already taken another ED medication. Join us for an evening celebrating his life and legacy.
The event will be hosted by Pablo Navarrete (www.alborada.net) and will include:
- The launch of the London section of the 'Chile 40 Years On' network. For example, can be expensive, particularly if your bank will offer you manage your finances better. Most financial experts recommend 2-3 mont of living expenses as payday loan dont pay you can see coming. Creditors also may be able to pay date when your salary comes in. Maria Vasquez-Aguilar, chair of the London section, will talk about its planned activities (more info about the network here: http://chile40yearson.org/).
- A talk by Victor Figueroa-Clark, author of a forthcoming political biography about Allende for Pluto Press (more info about the book here: http://bit.ly/10XEdgp).
- A Q&A with Victor about Allende and his legacy, chaired by Simon Dubbins, Head of International Affairs for Unite, the largest trade union in Europe.
- Mike Gatehouse (Joint Secretary of Chile Solidarity Campaign (CSC) from 1974-79) and Sara De Witt (a member of a UK-based group of Chilean ex-political prisoners) will reflect on the meaning of the Allende government and the UK solidarity movement with Chile that was built after the Pinochet coup.
- Poetry from Alfredo Cordal and Anthony Anaxagorou, Chilean music from John Cuevas & Allende documentary clips.
***Chilean Empanadas, Wine and Refreshments will be available on the night***
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/451705988251469/
Date: Wednesday 26 June
Venue: Bolivar Hall, 54 Grafton Way, London, W1T 5DL
FREE ENTRY – ALL WELCOME!